The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX) closed negative amid buying and selling interest as the bears dominated the proceedings, weighing on the broader market by 17 basis points. The All-share Index (ASI) depreciated by 0.17% to close at 43,839.08 points.
In the same vein, market capitalization decreased by 40.06 trillion naira to close at 23.878 trillion naira, while year-to-date (YtD) returns came in at 2.6% . The stock market has risen by 1,122.64 basis points since the start of the year.
The Capitalization SWOOTS closed negative at the end of the trading session, driven by changes in MTNN. The breadth of the market closed negative as NAHCO led 8 winners and 19 losers, dominated by INTERBREW at the end of today’s session.
At sector level, 3 of the 5 major indices of the Nigerian Stock Exchange closed negative with the NGX Banking, Consumer Goods and Oil & Gas indices down 0.80%, 0.38% and 0.35% respectively, while the NGX Insurance index increased by 0.30. %. NGX Industrial remained unchanged.
- NGX UPS: 43,839.08 points
- Previous UPS: 43912.64 points
- % day change: 0.17%
- %YtD: 2.63%
- Market Cap (N): 23.877 trillion
- Volume: 161,076,046
- Value (N): 3.47 billion
- Offers: 4,258
NGX Best ASI Winners
- NAHCO up +9.88% to close at N9.88
- COURTVILLE up +8.70% to close at N8.70
- NEM up +6.67% to close at N6.67
- FIDELITYBK up +9.88% to close at N2.44
- TRANSCORP up +8.70% to close at N1.90
NGX main losers ASI
- INTBREW down -9.78% to close at N4.15
- CATTLE down – 9.73% to close at N1.02
- JAPAULGOLD down -9.68% to close at N0.28
- ETI down -9.55% to close at N9.95
- CHAMS down -7.41% to close at N0.25
Top 3 by volume
- TRANSCORP – 33,788,369
- ACCESS CORP- 18 448 707
- BANK STERL – 13 520 902
Top 3 in value
- SEPLAT – N1 320 943 110.00
- MTNN-N857 855 242.20
- AIRTELAFRI – N166,317,023.00
The news continues after this announcement