Friday, Aug 27, 2021 / 10:00 p.m. / by NASD Plc / Header image credit: NASD
In investing, finding the right investors for businesses has proven to be a major challenge. For investors, a big concern they face is that companies looking for finance provide incorrect or incomplete data, which makes them reluctant to invest. This crossroads has been where most businesses and investors have been located for quite some time now.
NASD Company Portal [“NASDEP”] was launched to address these issues. NASDEP creates a transparent way for investors to be connected with companies / businesses looking to raise capital / scale.
The NASDEP gathers accurate information about these companies, presenting this information to prequalified investors who will provide essential capital and advice to these companies.
If you are interested in raising capital through the NASDEP portal, contact the NASD team for advice. Additionally, if you are an investor looking for investment opportunities across various sectors in Nigeria, contact the NASD team for more information.
In the process of raising capital, both parties carry out transactions through the due diligence analyst [“DDA”]. The DDA can be a lawyer, an accountant, a financial advisor brought in by the NASD, or both parties. However, the DDA must be registered to trade transactions on the NASDEP. Visit https://www.nasdep.com/for more information on how to register.
Overview since the beginning of the year
NASD OTC Securities Exchange Market has closed on a negative note since the start of the year as the market posted a decline in performance. NASD Security Index YTD returns have declined 0.71%. The total volume traded since the start of the year is 1,926,508,640 units in 3,755 transactions and the total value traded is NOT 14,692,983,348.97.
Week 34 preview
The NASD OTC Securities Exchange Index closed the week with a positive return from the NSI. The NSI yield rose 0.04% to end the week at 736.38 points from 736.07 on Friday August 20, 2021.
Week 34 saw NASD investors win NOT0.28 billion in value. NASD OTC Market capitalization closed at N640.05 billion compared to N639.77 billion on Friday August 20, 2021, resulting from a positive price movement.
There was a 79.04% increase in total traded value during the week, as week 34 saw NASD investors trade a total of N361 168 623.76 in value compared to N201 726 228 the previous week. Total business activity for the year is valued at N14,692,983,348.97.
The total volume traded during the week was 13,729,624 units versus 11,026,445 units the previous week, resulting in a 24.52% increase in trade volume from week 33. Total volume traded for the year is 1,926,508,640 units.
Most traded securities by volume
The week ended with the Nigerian Exchange Group PLC ranking first in the five most traded stocks by volume and Friesland Campina Wamco Nigeria PLC at the fifth position of the most traded stocks by volume of the week.
Most traded securities by security
The week ended with Nigerian Exchange Group PLC ranking the top five most traded securities by value and Niger Delta Exploration & Production PLC ranked fifth most traded securities by value for the week.
Progress of the week
Friesland Campina Wamco Nigeria PLC, which currently holds a market capitalization of N118.13 billion closed the week at N121.00 representing a decrease of 0.83% compared to the previous close of N120.00.
Central Securities Clearing System PLC, which currently holds a market capitalization of N83.30 billion closed the week at N16.66 representing a decrease of 0.48% compared to the previous close of N16.58.
Declines of the week
Nigerian Exchange Group PLC, which currently holds a market capitalization of N31.50 billion closed the week at N16.58 representing an increase of 3.27 percent from the previous close of N17.14.
- NASD OTC market cap fell -1.25% on WoW to close at 639.77 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap fell -0.99% WoW to close at 647.85 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap rose 0.04% WoW to close at 654.32 billion naira
- Investors reflect on volatile NASD performance in first half of 2021
- NASD OTC market cap fell -0.26% WoW to close at 654.05 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap rose 0.04% WoW to close at 655.75 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap rose 1.31% WoW to close at 655.45 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap fell -1.24% WoW to close at 529.12 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap fell -0.14% WoW to close at 535.75 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap rose 1.16% WoW to close at 536.52 billion naira
- H2 2021: We plan to admit 4 securities on the over-the-counter (OTC) market
- NASD OTC market cap edged down -0.01% WoW to close at 530.35 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap fell -3.50% WoW to close at 530.40 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap rose 2.78% WoW to close at 549.61 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap fell -2.73% on WoW to close at 534.74 billion naira
- NASD OTC market cap rose + 0.65% WoW to close at 549.74 billion naira