the global antimicrobial coatings market it is estimated that the size increases by 3.31 billion USD in 2020 at $ 6.12 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 11.7% from 2021 to 2027. The growing need to maintain health and hygiene practices and to raise awareness of the benefits of safety and hygiene is primarily driving the growth of the Antimicrobial Coatings market. Strict government regulations aimed at preventing the spread of infectious diseases have prompted the adoption of antimicrobial coatings in several industrial applications. This is mainly driving the expansion of the antimicrobial coatings market. There is significant demand from the health and medical industry to address growing concerns about nosocomial infections (HAIs) and their impact on human health.
The Medical and Healthcare segment will lead market growth during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over the past few years, antimicrobial coatings have gained traction in the medical and healthcare industry around the world. This is mainly attributed to the growing awareness and government initiatives to prevent the spread of HAIs. In health facilities, HAIs are the leading cause of mortality and morbidity. According to the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, approximately 1.7 million patients in the United States are infected with HAIs each year. Of these, nearly 100,000 patients die from infections, while many more must undergo medical treatment to cure them. These IAS are directly or indirectly linked to the use of medical devices. They usually occur during treatment procedures, such as inserting medical devices into the body and breaching the skin.
Request to download a sample of this strategic report: – https://www.marketstatsville.com/request-sample/antimicrobial-coatings-market
Several medical devices provide fertile ground for bacteria and their growth, which is almost impossible to clean or disinfect with conventional antibiotics. Several medical device manufacturers and healthcare facilities have started applying antimicrobial coatings to products as a precaution. In support of this, the governments of European and North American countries have also channeled their efforts to reduce HAIs. In October 2016, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced the National Action Plan for the Prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections for National Acute Care Hospitals.
Key influencing factors related to the Antimicrobial Coatings market during the forecast period:
- Growing demand from the medical and healthcare industry, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic which requires critical maintenance of health and hygiene
- To take advantage of the growing demand for personal hygiene and safety products, several manufacturers in industries such as textiles, consumer goods and electronics are focusing on the development of antimicrobial products. The growing application is expected to create lucrative opportunities in the global antimicrobial coatings market.
- The high investment cost associated with antimicrobial coatings and the severe shortage of skilled labor around the world are limiting the rapid growth of the market.
- The toxic nature of metal nanoparticles has raised serious concerns about their applications in antimicrobial coatings, particularly in application areas such as the medical industry. This factor is likely to hamper the growth of the market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Antimicrobial Coatings Market:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for antimicrobial coatings has exploded, primarily in the medical and healthcare industry. Antimicrobial coatings have grown in popularity as demand increased in existing healthcare facilities and in temporary facilities newly developed to cover COVID-19 patient care. Preventing HAIs remains the key objective behind creating substantial demand for antimicrobial coatings around the world. As a preventive measure, tactile surfaces such as beds, handles, medical devices, instruments and protective gear have been coated with antimicrobial coatings to ensure the utmost safety of people and prevent the spread of the virus. Silver-based antimicrobial coatings have experienced greater preference over their counterparts, primarily in medical and healthcare related applications.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the outlook for the Antimicrobial Coating Films market. The high transmission capacity of COVID-19 has dramatically increased the threat among people of surface-based transmission and infection. The antiviral coating acts as a shield against the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance and commercial value of antimicrobial coatings will increase dramatically. Future innovation in antimicrobial coating (after the COVID-19 pandemic) will be low cost, low ecotoxicity and new antimicrobial materials for coatings.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States is severely affected and has the largest number of infected people. For the treatment of patients, the government has spent more than $ 600 million to build temporary facilities from May 2020. As a preventive measure, tactile surfaces, such as beds, handles, medical devices, instruments and protective equipment, were coated with an antimicrobial. coatings to ensure the greatest safety of people. For the same, silver-based antimicrobial coatings have been preferred primarily in the medical and healthcare industry. For example, the Axalta Coating System had provided a 7,000-pound silver-based antimicrobial coating to Chicago-based temporary facilities to fight COVID-19.
- In April 2020, PPG Industries supplied 290 gallons (1,100 liters) of MASTER’S MARK antibacterial latex interior coatings to Tong Ren Hospital in Shanghai, engaged in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
Scope of the report
The report presents the Antimicrobial Coatings market research on the basis of type, application, and regions.
Based on Type, the Antimicrobial Coatings market has been segmented into –
- The copper
- Titanium dioxide
On the basis of Application, the Antimicrobial Coatings market has been segmented intoâ
- Medical & Health
- Food and drinks
- Building construction
- HVAC system
- Protective clothing
Antimicrobial Coatings Market: Regional Outlook
The antimicrobial coatings market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa. In 2020, North America dominated the Antimicrobial Coatings market with 39.2% market share and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The region’s advance is attributable to the presence of a large pool of patients with COVID-19 and to significant investments in the health system and infrastructure development. Additionally, due to strict indoor air quality regulations, manufacturers of HVAC systems incorporate antimicrobial coatings on surfaces to ensure required air quality by inhibiting the growth of mold and bacteria. It will also continue to explain North America’s leading position in the global antimicrobial coatings market.
Buy an exclusive copy: – https://www.marketstatsville.com/buy-now/antimicrobial-coatings-market
Major competitors in the global antimicrobial coatings market include –
The global antimicrobial coatings market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of small players across the globe. The manufacturers of antimicrobial coatings operating in the global market are –
- AkzoNobel (Netherlands)
- The Sherwin-Williams Company (United States)
- Axalta Coating Systems (US)
- PPG Industries (United States)
- Nippon Paint Holdings (Japan)
- DuPont de Nemours (United States)
- RPM International Inc. (Japan)
- Diamond Vogel Paint Company (United States)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Burke Industrial Coatings LLC (United States)
The major players in the Antimicrobial Coatings market are focusing on organic growth strategies such as expansion, acquisitions, joint ventures, new product lines and advanced technological adaptation on a global level to increase their market share. The report will comprise an in-depth qualitative and quantitative assessment of the segmental / regional outlook with the presence of market players in the segment and the respective region / country.
Access the full report description, table of contents, table of figures, graph, etc. – https://www.marketstatsville.com/table-of-content/antimicrobial-coatings-market
Antimicrobial Coatings Market Report Covers Comprehensive Analysis on:
- Market segmentation and regional analysis
- 10 year market size
- Price Analysis
- Supply and demand analysis
- Product lifecycle analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces and Value Chain Analysis
- Analysis of developed and emerging economies
- PEST analysis
- Factor analysis of the market and forecasts
- Market opportunities, risks and trends
- Conclusion and recommendation
- Regulatory landscape
- Patent analysis
- Competition landscape
- 15+ company profiles
Regional analysis of Antimicrobial Coatings Market includes:
- North America (United States, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Philippines, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, rest of Asia-Pacific)
- The Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, North Africa, rest of the MEA
Request for report analysis: – https://www.marketstatsville.com/antimicrobial-coatings-market